Check if a queue has bindings in C++ client (AMQP 0-10)

Check if a queue has bindings in C++ client (AMQP 0-10)

Toralf Lund
Hi,

Is there any way to check from a C++ client whether a certain queue has
anything bound do it? Ideally, I'd like to be able to tell a queue
without bindings apart from one that's bound to something, never mind
what it is, but if we have to look for a specific exchange, that might
work, too.

I did find this

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/How-can-I-know-queue-existence-td3734626.html

which suggests there is a method exchangeBound(), but it's not quite
clear to me how it should be used. Help, anyone?

Related question: Is there any way I can get a Session_0_10 object or
otherwise access its functionality if what I have is a
qpid::messaging::Session?

Thanks,

- Toralf

Re: Check if a queue has bindings in C++ client (AMQP 0-10)

Gordon Sim
On 22/02/2019 11:40 am, Toralf Lund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to check from a C++ client whether a certain queue has
> anything bound do it? Ideally, I'd like to be able to tell a queue
> without bindings apart from one that's bound to something, never mind
> what it is, but if we have to look for a specific exchange, that might
> work, too.
>
> I did find this
>
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/How-can-I-know-queue-existence-td3734626.html
>

> which suggests there is a method exchangeBound(), but it's not quite
> clear to me how it should be used. Help, anyone?
>
> Related question: Is there any way I can get a Session_0_10 object or
> otherwise access its functionality if what I have is a
> qpid::messaging::Session?

The easiest thing is probably to issue a QMF query as the
qpid::messaging API deliberately does not expose the underlying protocol.