Configuring logging in JSON

Brian Vollmer-2
Hi!
I want to configure things like max file size and add compression via the
Broker J JSON config. Looking at the source, I tried to guess what the
attribute names would be. Is this right?

 "brokerloggers" : [ {
    "name" : "logfile",
    "type" : "File",
    "maxFileSize" : 50,
    "maxHistory" : 10,
    "compressOldFiles" : true,
    "fileName" : "/var/log/aws/collector/qpid.log",

What units are used for max file size?

Thank you,
Brian Vollmer

Re: Configuring logging in JSON

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi Brian,

The supported file logger attributes can be found in the "API
Documentation". The link to API documentation is available from the top
horizontal menu in the Web Management Console.

The supported attributes are
maxFileSize number read/write
compressOldFiles boolean read/write
rollDaily boolean read/write
rollOnRestart boolean read/write
maxHistory number read/write
layout string read/write
fileName string read/write

The maxFileSize is set in MBs. The Web Management Console displays a hint
describing the size units.

Thus, a configuration for a broker file logger with a name "test", maximum
log files size 256MB, maximum number of log files 20 and compression would
look like below

{
    "name" : "test",
    "type" : "File",
    "compressOldFiles" : true,
    "fileName" : "${qpid.work_dir}/log/test.logs",
    "maxFileSize" : "256",
    "maxHistory" : 20,
}

Kind Regards,
Alex

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 17:18, Brian Vollmer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi!
> I want to configure things like max file size and add compression via the
> Broker J JSON config. Looking at the source, I tried to guess what the
> attribute names would be. Is this right?
>
>  "brokerloggers" : [ {
>     "name" : "logfile",
>     "type" : "File",
>     "maxFileSize" : 50,
>     "maxHistory" : 10,
>     "compressOldFiles" : true,
>     "fileName" : "/var/log/aws/collector/qpid.log",
>
> What units are used for max file size?
>
> Thank you,
> Brian Vollmer
>

> --