Getting involved with Apache Qpid

Ben Hardesty
Hi all,

I'm starting to get involved in the Apache Qpid project, so I wanted to
take a quick moment to introduce myself. My primary interest is the
Dispatch Router, which I've been using/playing around with for about a year
now. I have a background in distributed systems, and my specialty is
documentation - I've been writing docs professionally as a tech writer for
about 15 years.

To get started, I've contributed some small updates to the qdmanage,
qdstat, and qdrouterd man pages (typo fixes, editing for consistency and
clarity, etc.), and I'll have more to come for the Dispatch Router book and
qdrouterd.conf man page.

In the mean time, if anyone has any doc-related questions or thoughts,
please feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help out as I can with editing,
advising, and writing. I hang out as bhardesty on the #qpid channel.

Thanks,
Ben Hardesty

Re: Getting involved with Apache Qpid

Steve Huston
Hi Ben,

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the Apache Qpid community!

Documentation pro?! Awesome! Can I get you a cup of coffee? ;-)  make yourself at home please.

-Steve

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Ben Hardesty <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting to get involved in the Apache Qpid project, so I wanted to
> take a quick moment to introduce myself. My primary interest is the
> Dispatch Router, which I've been using/playing around with for about a year
> now. I have a background in distributed systems, and my specialty is
> documentation - I've been writing docs professionally as a tech writer for
> about 15 years.
>
> To get started, I've contributed some small updates to the qdmanage,
> qdstat, and qdrouterd man pages (typo fixes, editing for consistency and
> clarity, etc.), and I'll have more to come for the Dispatch Router book and
> qdrouterd.conf man page.
>
> In the mean time, if anyone has any doc-related questions or thoughts,
> please feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help out as I can with editing,
> advising, and writing. I hang out as bhardesty on the #qpid channel.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Hardesty

Re: Getting involved with Apache Qpid

Gordon Sim
On 19/07/17 03:21, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the Apache Qpid community!
>
> Documentation pro?! Awesome! Can I get you a cup of coffee? ;-)  make yourself at home please.

Well said, Steve! Welcome Ben, we are delighted to have you and your
expertise!

Re: Getting involved with Apache Qpid

Chuck Rolke
Hi Ben,

Welcome aboard! A lot of the docs need a fresh set of eyes for sure.

-Chuck