Install ssl module in qpidc-0.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Install ssl module in qpidc-0.5

Joan Bellver Faus



Hello, I have two questions the respect of the installation of ssl  
support for Qpid.

When installed the nss and nspr Libreries, this create a two directory  
in /src/include, this are nss and nspr, but when i make install de  
qpid, it try find the directory nspr4 and nss3, my solutions is create  
a two simbolic link with name nspr4 and nss3. is it correctly?

With the previous solution i managed to install Qpid with ssl, but the  
module ssl.so is in the directory /qpidc-05/src/.libs/, this directory  
can be configured to be installed in another specific location? for  
example with some argument of the command. / configure

Thanks!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Qpid - AMQP Messaging Implementation
Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Install ssl module in qpidc-0.5

Gordon Sim
On 02/02/2010 05:40 PM, Joan Bellver Faus wrote:

>
>
>
> Hello, I have two questions the respect of the installation of ssl
> support for Qpid.
>
> When installed the nss and nspr Libreries, this create a two directory
> in /src/include, this are nss and nspr, but when i make install de qpid,
> it try find the directory nspr4 and nss3, my solutions is create a two
> simbolic link with name nspr4 and nss3. is it correctly?

The configure script (assuming you are using autotools rather than
cmake) should use nspr-config/nss-config to set the includes and lib
paths correctly.

If you run 'nss-config --cflags --libs' what do you see? What platform
are you running on? Did you build the nss/nspr stuff yourself or use
packaged versions for your platform?

> With the previous solution i managed to install Qpid with ssl, but the
> module ssl.so is in the directory /qpidc-05/src/.libs/, this directory
> can be configured to be installed in another specific location? for
> example with some argument of the command. / configure

You can use the --prefix option to configure. That will alter the
location to which installed artefacts from the build are moved on make
install.

The locations for the modules relative to the install root are set by
the dmoduledir and cmoduledir variables (defaults set in
src/Makefile.am). I think you should be able to specify values for those
as arguments to configure.

>
> Thanks!!
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Apache Qpid - AMQP Messaging Implementation
> Project: http://qpid.apache.org
> Use/Interact: mailto:[hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Qpid - AMQP Messaging Implementation
Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:[hidden email]