JMS connection is active on the event of org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionRemotelyClosedException

JMS connection is active on the event of org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionRemotelyClosedException

akabhishek1
Hi Team,

We are using "qpid-jms-client-0.56.0" to publish message to Azure
ServiceBus.

We recently started getting below error on JMS exception listener -
"onException" block

Error Message - 'Unknown error from remote peer'
Error class - org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionRemotelyClosedException',
Error cause -
'org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.exceptions.ProviderConnectionRemotelyClosedException:
Unknown error from remote peer'
JMS Connection Status - Active (sometimes inactive)

We got this error multiple times, but JMS connection status is inconsistent,
sometimes JMS connection is Active, and sometimes not. We are recreating JMS
connection only for - inactive JMS connection.

We are using below code to check JMS connection status -
protected boolean isConnectionActive() {
        boolean connectionStatus = false;
        try {
            @SuppressWarnings("unused")
            String clientID = connection.getClientID();  // connection is
javax.jms.Connection
            connectionStatus = true;
        } catch (Exception e) {
            connectionStatus = false;
        }
        return connectionStatus;
    }

Could you please suggest that - Is this a expected behaviour ?
Can JMS connection could be active on the event of
JmsConnectionRemotelyClosedException ?

Please let me know for any information.

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Re: JMS connection is active on the event of org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionRemotelyClosedException

akabhishek1
Hi Team,

Could you please update us on this issue, so we can handle it accordingly.

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar