Next Qpid JMS (0.24.0) / Proton-J (0.20.0) release dates?

Next Qpid JMS (0.24.0) / Proton-J (0.20.0) release dates?

Keith Wall
Hello,

Are there release dates in mind for Proton-J (0.20.0) and  Qpid JMS (0.24.0)?

We are moving towards a Qpid Broker J major release next quarter.  The
release backlog includes QPID-7787 [1] which will utilise the AMQP 1.0
additional data field of the SASL outcome [2].   In order to be useful
end to end, this will need a corresponding change in the Qpid JMS
Client, QPIDJMS-294 [3], and a Proton J change to expose the data [4].

I want to understand the schedule so we can ensure the work on those
JIRAs is ready for consideration/inclusion.

cheers, Keith.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-7787
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/amqp/core/v1.0/os/amqp-core-security-v1.0-os.html#type-sasl-outcome
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPIDJMS-294
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1486

Re: Next Qpid JMS (0.24.0) / Proton-J (0.20.0) release dates?

On 30 June 2017 at 11:22, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Robbie.
>
> I'm planning for us to take a look at both the Proton-J change and
> Qpid JMS Client next month (I was the original contributor if the Qpid
> JMS Client SCRAM SHA module, after all) , so except to see some
> patches from us on the reviewboard for comment.  I don't think we'll
> be able to take on corresponding changes for Proton-C (my C skills are
> 17 years rusty), so we'll have to leave those to others.

I just meant establishing whether any matching changes are actually
needed on other bits rather than actually doing them if there are
(some tangential discussion suggests it might not be). We'd obviously
want to avoid breaking things by only changing some bits at a
particular time and not others if they do need it.

> For the Proton-J change and Qpid JMS Client  releases, we don't need
> these changes urgently, so I was hoping to piggyback if there is a
> release due in the next four to six weeks, otherwise we might push
> things forward ourselves.

I'm happy to spin a release almost any time I'm actually around and
not on holiday hehe. If theres demand for something and its considered
ready then it can generally be released quickly.