Qpid High Availability

Chandrashekar, Girish
Hi Team,

Could you please help me to setup Qpid High Availability functionality.

I am referring the below link, but I am not successful to setup; in fact I got the "422 - je.cleaner.adjustUtilization is not a valid BDBJE environment parameter" error  and also I had lost the files and folders present in my C:\ after this error. I tried the same in 2 virtual machines and also in my local machine same result ๐Ÿ˜ž

https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html

Can someone let me know the root cause and also please help me to setup the High Availability functionality.

Regards,

Girish LC

09886521716

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Re: Qpid High Availability

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi Girish,

What version of bdb je library are you using?

6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
Oracle license change.

Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je versions
( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual licenses -
one of which is Apache license.

I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with bd je
7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.

Kind Regards,
Alex

On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> Could you please help me to setup Qpid High Availability functionality.
>

> I am referring the below link, but I am not successful to setup; in fact I
> got the "422 - je.cleaner.adjustUtilization is not a valid BDBJE
> environment parameter" error  and also I had lost the files and folders
> present in my C:\ after this error. I tried the same in 2 virtual machines
> and also in my local machine same result ๐Ÿ˜ž
>

> https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
>

> Can someone let me know the root cause and also please help me to setup
> the High Availability functionality.
>

> Regards,
>
> Girish LC
>
> 09886521716
>
> This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
> recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary
> or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction,
> dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this
> e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
> original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
> anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic
> signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
> message.

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi Alex,

Thank you for the email,

I'm using the below version:

qpid-java-6.1.4
Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73

Please let me know the correct combination.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> What version of bdb je library are you using?
>
> 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> Oracle license change.
>
> Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je versions
> ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual licenses -
> one of which is Apache license.
>
> I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with bd je
> 7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>

> On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Team,
> >

> > Could you please help me to setup Qpid High Availability functionality.
> >

> > I am referring the below link, but I am not successful to setup; in fact
> > got the "422 - je.cleaner.adjustUtilization is not a valid BDBJE
> > environment parameter" error  and also I had lost the files and folders
> > present in my C:\ after this error. I tried the same in 2 virtual
> machines
> > and also in my local machine same result ๐Ÿ˜ž
> >

> > https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> > broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
> >

> > Can someone let me know the root cause and also please help me to setup
> > the High Availability functionality.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Girish LC
> >
> > 09886521716
> >
> > This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
> > recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential,
> proprietary
> > or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction,
> > dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this
> > e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this
> > email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
> > original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender,
> nor
> > anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic
> > signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this
> > message.

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi Girish,

I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.

Kind Regards,
Alex

On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Thank you for the email,
>
> I'm using the below version:
>
> qpid-java-6.1.4
> Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
>
> Please let me know the correct combination.
>
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Girish,
> >
> > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> >
> > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > Oracle license change.
> >
> > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> versions
> > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> licenses -
> > one of which is Apache license.
> >
> > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with bd
> je
> > 7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Alex
> >

> > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Team,
> > >

> > > Could you please help me to setup Qpid High Availability functionality.
> > >

> > > I am referring the below link, but I am not successful to setup; in
> fact
> > > got the "422 - je.cleaner.adjustUtilization is not a valid BDBJE
> > > environment parameter" error  and also I had lost the files and folders
> > > present in my C:\ after this error. I tried the same in 2 virtual
> > machines
> > > and also in my local machine same result ๐Ÿ˜ž
> > >

> > > https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> > > broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
> > >

> > > Can someone let me know the root cause and also please help me to setup
> > > the High Availability functionality.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Girish LC
> > >
> > > 09886521716
> > >
> > > This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
> > > recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential,
> > proprietary
> > > or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction,
> > > dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this
> > > e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> > this
> > > email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
> > > original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender,
> > nor
> > > anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic
> > > signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in
> this
> > > message.
> > >

> --
> Regards,
> Girish LC
> #09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi Alex,

Could you please share me the location from where I can download bdb je
5.0.104, as I'm not able to find.

Many thanks,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
> configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
> versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
> code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thank you for the email,
> >
> > I'm using the below version:
> >
> > qpid-java-6.1.4
> > Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
> >
> > Please let me know the correct combination.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Girish,
> > >
> > > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> > >
> > > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > > Oracle license change.
> > >
> > > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> > versions
> > > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> > licenses -
> > > one of which is Apache license.
> > >
> > > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with
> bd
> > je
> > > 7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> > [hidden email]

> functionality.

> > fact
> folders
> > > machines

> setup

> > > proprietary
> this
> received
> > > this
> sender,
> > > nor
> > this
> > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Girish LC
> > #09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Adel Boutros
Hello,

You can find it on Oracle's website:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
Could you please share me the location from where I can download bdb je
5.0.104, as I'm not able to find.

Many thanks,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
> configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
> versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
> code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thank you for the email,
> >
> > I'm using the below version:
> >
> > qpid-java-6.1.4
> > Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
> >
> > Please let me know the correct combination.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Girish,
> > >
> > > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> > >
> > > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > > Oracle license change.
> > >
> > > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> > versions
> > > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> > licenses -
> > > one of which is Apache license.
> > >
> > > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with
> bd
> > je
> > > 7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> > [hidden email]

> functionality.

> > fact
> folders
> > > machines

> setup

> > > proprietary
> this
> received
> > > this
> sender,
> > > nor
> > this
> > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Girish LC
> > #09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi Adel,

After including the bdb je 5.0.104, I'm still getting the below error, if any of you have already configured could you please send me the screen shot.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Adel Boutros <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

You can find it on Oracle's website:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
Could you please share me the location from where I can download bdb je
5.0.104, as I'm not able to find.

Many thanks,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
> configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
> versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
> code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thank you for the email,
> >
> > I'm using the below version:
> >
> > qpid-java-6.1.4
> > Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
> >
> > Please let me know the correct combination.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Girish,
> > >
> > > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> > >
> > > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > > Oracle license change.
> > >
> > > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> > versions
> > > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> > licenses -
> > > one of which is Apache license.
> > >
> > > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with
> bd
> > je
> > > 7.3.x.ย  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> > [hidden email]

> functionality.

> > fact
> folders
> > > machines

> setup

> > > proprietary
> this
> received
> > > this
> sender,
> > > nor
> > this
> > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Girish LC
> > #09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Adel Boutros
Once in the past, we tested BDB but at the end, we didn't use it because of it's licensing.

I remember when we had issues configuring it, we would start all over from a clean work directory because the broker would be in an error state and it was the only way we knew to fix it. Have you tried that?

Regards,

Adel

________________________________

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
> configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
> versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
> code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thank you for the email,
> >
> > I'm using the below version:
> >
> > qpid-java-6.1.4
> > Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
> >
> > Please let me know the correct combination.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Girish,
> > >
> > > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> > >
> > > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > > Oracle license change.
> > >
> > > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> > versions
> > > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> > licenses -
> > > one of which is Apache license.
> > >
> > > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with
> bd
> > je
> > > 7.3.x.  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

> functionality.

> > fact
> folders
> > > machines

> setup

> > > proprietary
> this
> received
> > > this
> sender,
> > > nor
> > this
> > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Girish LC
> > #09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi ,

After changing the port to 5674 (new port) I'm able to create Master node :)

Working on the REPLICA node, still if any of you have the snapshot for the same please share, I am not sure how to check the High Availability working, please guide me.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adel,

After including the bdb je 5.0.104, I'm still getting the below error, if any of you have already configured could you please send me the screen shot.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Adel Boutros <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

You can find it on Oracle's website:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
Could you please share me the location from where I can download bdb je
5.0.104, as I'm not able to find.

Many thanks,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> I tested HA with bdb je 5.0.73 and got the same error. It appears that je
> configuration setting "je.cleaner.adjustUtilization" was introduced in
> versions after 5.0.73. Unfortunately, the setting is hard-coded in the Qpid
> code. In order to resolve the issue you need to upgrade bdb je to 5.0.104.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 16:50, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thank you for the email,
> >
> > I'm using the below version:
> >
> > qpid-java-6.1.4
> > Berkeley DB Java Edition - 5.0.73
> >
> > Please let me know the correct combination.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Girish,
> > >
> > > What version of bdb je library are you using?
> > >
> > > 6.x versions of Qpid Broker are based on bdb je version 5.0.104 due to
> > > Oracle license change.
> > >
> > > Master and new 7.x versions of the Broker will be based new bdb je
> > versions
> > > ( 7.3.7 and above), as Oracle started to distribute je with dual
> > licenses -
> > > one of which is Apache license.
> > >
> > > I am guessing that you are trying to start 6.x version of Broker with
> bd
> > je
> > > 7.3.x.ย  Please, use je version 5.0.104.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > > On 10 July 2017 at 14:03, Chandrashekar, Girish <
> > [hidden email]

> functionality.

> > fact
> folders
> > > machines

> setup

> > > proprietary
> this
> received
> > > this
> sender,
> > > nor
> > this
> > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Girish LC
> > #09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Oleksandr Rudyy
Girish,

Please following instructions in Qpid documentation [1].

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html

On 11 July 2017 at 11:10, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> After changing the port to 5674 (new port) I'm able to create Master node
> :)
>
> Working on the REPLICA node, still if any of you have the snapshot for the
> same please share, I am not sure how to check the High Availability
> working, please guide me.
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Adel,
>>
>> After including the bdb je 5.0.104, I'm still getting the below error, if
>> any of you have already configured could you please send me the screen shot.
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Adel Boutros <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> You can find it on Oracle's website:
>>>
>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technolo
>>> gies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Adel
>>>

>>> ________________________________

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi Alex,

I'm following the same link, now I've created one MASTER node and one
REPLICA to form the group, but I am not getting the idea how to use or test?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Girish,
>
> Please following instructions in Qpid documentation [1].
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> [1]
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
>
> On 11 July 2017 at 11:10, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> > After changing the port to 5674 (new port) I'm able to create Master node
> > :)
> >
> > Working on the REPLICA node, still if any of you have the snapshot for
> the
> > same please share, I am not sure how to check the High Availability
> > working, please guide me.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Adel,
> >>
> >> After including the bdb je 5.0.104, I'm still getting the below error,
> if
> >> any of you have already configured could you please send me the screen
> shot.
> >>
> >> [image: Inline image 1]

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi,

I'm able to create group as mentioned in the link,

Somebody please guide me how to test the HA.

Here below are the steps I followed:

1. Created the MASTER node in one VM(1st VM). and added the other VM(2nd VM) details in the permitted address.

2. Created the REPLICA in the 2nd VM and added MASTER node details in the permitted addressย

3. When I was sending the message to the Queue earlier I was using this below line in the config.properties file.

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

But now I am not able to send any message to the MASTER node, getting the below error.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alex,

I'm following the same link, now I've created one MASTER node and one REPLICA to form the group, but I am not getting the idea how to use or test?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Girish,

Please following instructions in Qpid documentation [1].

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html

On 11 July 2017 at 11:10, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> After changing the port to 5674 (new port) I'm able to create Master node
> :)
>
> Working on the REPLICA node, still if any of you have the snapshot for the
> same please share, I am not sure how to check the High Availability
> working, please guide me.
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Adel,
>>
>> After including the bdb je 5.0.104, I'm still getting the below error, if
>> any of you have already configured could you please send me the screen shot.
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Adel Boutros <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> You can find it on Oracle's website:
>>>
>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technolo
>>> gies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Adel
>>>

>>> ________________________________

Girish LC
#09886521716

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi Girish,

As a simple test you can publish a message into your HA virtual host, flip
the mastersheep to replica, and consume that message from a new master.

The connection URL you have provided is from JMS client for AMQP 0-x
protocols [1]. You can use JMS client for AMQP 0-x or switch to newer jms
client for AMQP 1.0 [2].

For both JMS client you need to specify a virtual host name in a connection
URL if ha node is not a default one.

For example, AMQP 0-x client connection URL would need to be changed as
below

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/<ha
virtual host name>?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

where <ha virtual host name> is your HA group name.

The format of connection URL for AMQP 0-x client is documented in [2]:

If you need an automatic failover (client reconnects automatically to
master broker on mastersheep change), you can specify both brokers in a
connection URL with failover settings,  for example

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@/<ha virtual
host name>?failover='roundrobin?cyclecount='2''
&brokerlist='tcp://<host1>:<port1>?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000';tcp://<host2>:<port2>?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000''

For new JMS client please check documentation at [4].

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/amqp-0-x.html
[2] http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/index.html
[3]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/jms-client-0-8/book/JMS-Client-0-8-Connection-URL.html
[4] https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-jms-0.23.0/docs/index.html

On 13 July 2017 at 14:36, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm able to create group as mentioned in the link,
> [image: Inline image 1]
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
>
> Somebody please guide me how to test the HA.
>
> Here below are the steps I followed:
>
> 1. Created the MASTER node in one VM(1st VM). and added the other VM(2nd
> VM) details in the permitted address.
>
> 2. Created the REPLICA in the 2nd VM and added MASTER node details in the
> permitted address
>
> 3. When I was sending the message to the Queue earlier I was using this
> below line in the config.properties file.
>
> connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/?
> brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'
>
> But now I am not able to send any message to the MASTER node, getting the
> below error.
>
> [image: Inline image 2]
>

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I'm following the same link, now I've created one MASTER node and one
>> REPLICA to form the group, but I am not getting the idea how to use or test?
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Girish,
>>>
>>> Please following instructions in Qpid documentation [1].
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-broker/
>>> book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html

>>> node

>>> the

>>> error, if
>>> screen shot.

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your detailed email, now I'm able to send the message in the group.

I had used the below URL with fail over settings,

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/hagroup?failover='roundrobin?cyclecount='2''&brokerlist='tcp://<node1>:5672?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000';tcp://<node2>:5672?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000''

1. When I do the flip b/w MASTER and REPLICA, I can see the messages in the new MASTER(old REPLICA) .

2. But when I stop the VM1(node1) system the VM2(node2) goes to WAITING Role and node1 becomes UNREACHABLE and the message sent to MASTER will not deliver and gives the below error, ย
Could you please let me know how to handle the Failover case of MASTER node OR Is it the correct behavior ???

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

connection URL with failover settings,ย  for example

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@/<ha virtual
host name>?failover='roundrobin?cyclecount='2''
&brokerlist='tcp://<host1>:<port1>?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000';tcp://<host2>:<port2>?retries='5'&connectdelay='2000''

For new JMS client please check documentation at [4].

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/amqp-0-x.html
[2] http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/index.html
[3]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/jms-client-0-8/book/JMS-Client-0-8-Connection-URL.html
[4] https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-jms-0.23.0/docs/index.html

On 13 July 2017 at 14:36, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm able to create group as mentioned in the link,
> [image: Inline image 1]
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
> broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
>
> Somebody please guide me how to test the HA.
>
> Here below are the steps I followed:
>
> 1. Created the MASTER node in one VM(1st VM). and added the other VM(2nd
> VM) details in the permitted address.
>
> 2. Created the REPLICA in the 2nd VM and added MASTER node details in the
> permitted address
>
> 3. When I was sending the message to the Queue earlier I was using this
> below line in the config.properties file.
>
> connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/?
> brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'
>
> But now I am not able to send any message to the MASTER node, getting the
> below error.
>
> [image: Inline image 2]
>

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I'm following the same link, now I've created one MASTER node and one
>> REPLICA to form the group, but I am not getting the idea how to use or test?
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Girish,
>>>
>>> Please following instructions in Qpid documentation [1].
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-broker/
>>> book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html

>>> node

>>> the

>>> error, if
>>> screen shot.

Girish LC
#09886521716

Re: Qpid High Availability

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi Girish,

HA cluster operates when the majority of nodes is available (when "Required
Minimum Number Of Nodes" is set to DEFAULT).
In 2-node cluster the majority is 2. Thus, when one node goes down, the
cluster looses majority and cannot operate even when second node is Ok.
It is implemented like this in order to avoid "Split brain scenario".

You can make cluster operational by setting "Allow to Operate Solo" on the
remaining node.

Please note, that only one node in 2-node cluster can have "Allow to
Operate Solo" set on.

Alternately, you can set-up 3-node cluster. The 3-nodes cluster continues
to operate after loosing one node (due to majority being 2, thus, the
election of the Master can be performed).
Obviously, when 2 nodes are lost in 3-nodes cluster, the remaining node
cannot operate by itself (unless you override "Required Minimum Number Of
Nodes" and set it to 1).

I hope that the above can help you to understand why node2 goes into
WAITING Role and node1 becomes UNREACHABLE on stop of virtual machine for
node1.

Kind Regards,
Alex

On 14 July 2017 at 11:41, girish lc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm able to create group as mentioned in the link,
>> > [image: Inline image 1]
>> > http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.4/java-
>> > broker/book/Java-Broker-High-Availability-CreatingGroup.html
>> >
>> > Somebody please guide me how to test the HA.
>> >
>> > Here below are the steps I followed:
>> >
>> > 1. Created the MASTER node in one VM(1st VM). and added the other VM(2nd
>> > VM) details in the permitted address.
>> >
>> > 2. Created the REPLICA in the 2nd VM and added MASTER node details in
>> the
>> > permitted address
>> >
>> > 3. When I was sending the message to the Queue earlier I was using this
>> > below line in the config.properties file.
>> >
>> > connectionfactory.qpidConnectionFactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/?
>> > brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'
>> >
>> > But now I am not able to send any message to the MASTER node, getting

Re: Qpid High Availability

girishlc
Hi Alex,

Thank you,

After set-up of the 3 node cluster (I,e Quorum nodes), I can see cluster
continues to operate after losing one node. Also I verified the message is
reached to the new MASTER node.

Girish LC
#09886521716