Qpid Proton C++ 32-bit Support?

MattR
Hi All,

I was wondering, does Qpid Proton C++ still support 32-bit builds? We have a
couple of legacy applications that are 32-bit using the old (OLD) Qpid (0.32
if I remember correctly) while the rest are based on 64-bit. Currently I can
only find x86_64 based rpms, so I'm assuming that is now the be-all end-all.
Is there a way to build/install the Qpid Proton C++ lib as 32-bit or do I
need to convince the higher-ups that we need to switch solely to 64-bit
support?

Thanks,

Matt R.

Re: Qpid Proton C++ 32-bit Support?

Ted Ross
Hi Matt,

There are downstream distributions of Proton, including the C++ client,
that are still being built for 32-bit architectures (i686).  There's
nothing in the code that prevents a 32-bit build.  From where are you
getting your RPMs?

-Ted

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 3:20 PM MattR <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering, does Qpid Proton C++ still support 32-bit builds? We have
> couple of legacy applications that are 32-bit using the old (OLD) Qpid
> (0.32
> if I remember correctly) while the rest are based on 64-bit. Currently I
> can
> only find x86_64 based rpms, so I'm assuming that is now the be-all
> end-all.
> Is there a way to build/install the Qpid Proton C++ lib as 32-bit or do I
> need to convince the higher-ups that we need to switch solely to 64-bit
> support?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt R.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Apache-Qpid-users-f2158936.html

Re: Qpid Proton C++ 32-bit Support?

MattR
Thanks for the reply, Ted!

If that is the case, then it seems my biggest issue is knowing what 32-bit
lib dependencies are required and if there are rhel7 versions available. If
there are any 32-bit dependencies no longer managed and secured by red hat,
then we will definitely want to look into going purely 64-bit. Would you be
able to provide any insight into that information?

Thanks,

Matt R.