[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Justin Ross-3
Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
you find.

Source archive and signatures:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/

Issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12342978

Tag:
1.39.0-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Gordon Sim
On 22/10/18 13:47, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> you find.
>
> Source archive and signatures:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/

I am seeing failures in the 'unit_test' and 'sasl_tests' (running on
fedora 27)... is it just me or are others seeing the same?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 19:03, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 22/10/18 13:47, Justin Ross wrote:
> > Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> > you find.
> >
> > Source archive and signatures:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
>
> I am seeing failures in the 'unit_test' and 'sasl_tests' (running on
> fedora 27)... is it just me or are others seeing the same?

I see some 'sasl_tests' and 'python_tests' failures in F27 using
qpid-python 1.37.0. All the tests passed on F26.

On 22/10/18 19:03, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 22/10/18 13:47, Justin Ross wrote:
>> Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
>> you find.
>>
>> Source archive and signatures:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
>
> I am seeing failures in the 'unit_test' and 'sasl_tests' (running on
> fedora 27)... is it just me or are others seeing the same?

For the sasl_tests the problem is that it uses hardcoded port numbers.
If these are in use the test fails.

The unit_test failure is intermittent and is a result of getting an
exception on teardown (queue deleted before receiver). I have a fix that
resolves it for me at least (though it looks like the issue might be a
little wider in terms of potentially affected tests). Its an issue with
the tests though and not a problem with the release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

On 22/10/18 13:47, Justin Ross wrote:

> Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> you find.
>
> Source archive and signatures:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
>
> Issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12342978
>
> Tag:
> 1.39.0-rc1

+1, verified signature and checksum, built and installed, ran tests (see
other mail regarding non-blocking issues observed), ran proton examples
against qpidd, ran qpid::messaging example against router and against
equivalent proton examples

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Timothy Bish
On 10/22/18 8:47 AM, Justin Ross wrote:

> Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> you find.
>
> Source archive and signatures:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
>
> Issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12342978
>
> Tag:
> 1.39.0-rc1

+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Ran some examples applications against an external ActiveMQ broker.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Chuck Rolke
+1

* Fedora 27, proton master @aa85a
* Verified signatures
* Built from source
* Passed self tests [1], [2]
* Ran qpidd executable and hit it with proton examples

[1] on first run 'cli_tests' failed; reran 5 time with no issue
[2] 'paged_queue_tests' times out. Disabled valgrind and it passes.

> > Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> > you find.
> >
> > Source archive and signatures:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
> >
> > Issues:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12342978
> >
> > Tag:
> > 1.39.0-rc1
> >
> +1
>
> * Verified signatures and checksums
> * Checked for license and notice files
> * Built from source and ran the tests
> * Ran some examples applications against an external ActiveMQ broker.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Jakub Scholz-2
+1 ... I have built it from source on CentOS and run tests with different
clients against it.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 18:18, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 19:03, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 22/10/18 13:47, Justin Ross wrote:
> > > Hi, everyone.  Please test this release candidate and vote based on what
> > > you find.
> > >
> > > Source archive and signatures:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/cpp/1.39.0-rc1/
> >
> > I am seeing failures in the 'unit_test' and 'sasl_tests' (running on
> > fedora 27)... is it just me or are others seeing the same?
> >

> I see some 'sasl_tests' and 'python_tests' failures in F27 using
> qpid-python 1.37.0. All the tests passed on F26.

+1

Checked the signatures, checksums, verified LICENCE+NOTICE present,
built and ran the tests, all good in one env, 1 seemingly env-specific
failure in the other.

The 'sasl_tests' failure I saw on F27 was because I didnt have
nss-devel installed and the broker failed to start due to not
understanding an option. I went to raise a JIRA but found there is one
already, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5449

I'm not sure about the 'python_tests' failure on F27 which I still
see, but it seems to be env specific and perhaps relates to behaviour
around the "badhostname" the tesst use. The F27 env is using IPv6
while the other is using IPv4 which could be an area for the different
behaviour. In the F27 env the
qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.TimeoutTests.testConnectionOpen test
minutes to run (vs a few seconds) but does eventually say it passed.
The qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.TimeoutTests.testSenderClose test
later says it failed. However, if I run that test by itself it passes,
and if I run all the TimeoutTests except testConnectionOpen then it
also passes. I checked this with the 1.38.0 release as well and it
does the same so whatever is doing on isnt a regression, would
probably seem to be a python client or test issue if anything, and
does seem env specific, so proceeding seem fine here.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid C++ 1.39.0

Justin Ross-3
The release is approved with 5 votes in favor and none against.

I'll move the artifacts to the release dist location.  On Monday, I'll push
the site update and send the announcement.