[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.23.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.23.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340367

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.23.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0

On 12 May 2017 at 17:41, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.23.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.23.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340367
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.23.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files are present/correct in src+bin archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to check the licence headers in the src archive.
- Ran the build+tests from the source release archive.
- Built the examples from the binary release archive with Maven using the
  staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0,
  Qpid CPP master (both built against Proton 0.17.0), Qpid Broker-J master,
  ActiveMQ 5 master, and ActiveMQ Artemis master.
- Built the examples using javac manually and ran to verify required libs
  were included in lib dir as expected.
- Ran the Joram JMS tests against Qpid Broker-J master using the client
  from the staging repo.
- Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build + AMQP tests with it.
- Ran the ActiveMQ Artemis master build + AMQP tests with it.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0

Jakub Scholz-2
+1 ... I used the staging repo and run my tests against different versions
of Qpid C++ broker.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 12 May 2017 at 17:41, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a 0.23.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> > give it a test out and vote accordingly.
> >
> > The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.23.0-rc1/
> >
> > The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106
> >
> > The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
> projectId=12314524&version=12340367
> >
> > Regards,
> > Robbie
> >
> > P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or
> > your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> > staging repo:
> >
> >   <repositories>
> >     <repository>
> >       <id>staging</id>
> >       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106</url>
> >     </repository>
> >   </repositories>
> >
> > The dependency for the client itself would then be:
> >
> >   <dependency>
> >     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
> >     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
> >     <version>0.23.0</version>
> >   </dependency>
>
> Adding my +1
>
> I checked things out as follows:
> - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> - Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files are present/correct in src+bin archives.
> - Ran mvn apache-rat:check to check the licence headers in the src archive.
> - Ran the build+tests from the source release archive.
> - Built the examples from the binary release archive with Maven using the
>   staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0,
>   Qpid CPP master (both built against Proton 0.17.0), Qpid Broker-J master,
>   ActiveMQ 5 master, and ActiveMQ Artemis master.
> - Built the examples using javac manually and ran to verify required libs
>   were included in lib dir as expected.
> - Ran the Joram JMS tests against Qpid Broker-J master using the client
>   from the staging repo.
> - Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build + AMQP tests with it.
> - Ran the ActiveMQ Artemis master build + AMQP tests with it.
>
> Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0

Timothy Bish
+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Built from source archive and ran all tests
* Used apache-rat:check to look for missing license files
* Validated that LICENSE and NOTICE files are in place
* Ran the example included in the binary against ActiveMQ and ActiveMQ
Artemis
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x using the staged artifacts and ran the unit tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis 2.x using the staged artifacts and ran the
integration tests

On 05/12/2017 12:41 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.23.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.23.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340367
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1106</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.23.0</version>
>    </dependency>

Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121