[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.24.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

On 4 August 2017 at 22:42, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature files and checksums.
- Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files present+correct in src and bin archives.
- Did mvn apache-rat:check to check licence headers in the source archive.
- Ran the build+tests from the source release archive.
- Built the examples from the binary release archive with Maven using the
  staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0,
  Qpid Broker-J 6.1.4, ActiveMQ 5 master, and ActiveMQ Artemis.
- Built the examples using javac manually and ran to verify.
- Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build + AMQP tests with the staged bits.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Clebert Suconic
+1 (non binding)

I ran the activemq artemis tests, integration-tests/*/amqp and no
regressions found. Updated both proton and qpid-jms and worked fine.

I have a branch ready to push artemis upstream as soon as this is
released.. thanks.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 August 2017 at 22:42, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>
>> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>>
>> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>>
>> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robbie
>>
>> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
>> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
>> staging repo:
>>
>>   <repositories>
>>     <repository>
>>       <id>staging</id>
>>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
>>     </repository>
>>   </repositories>
>>
>> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>>
>>   <dependency>
>>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>>   </dependency>
>

> Adding my +1
>
> I checked things over as follows:
> - Verified the signature files and checksums.
> - Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files present+correct in src and bin archives.
> - Did mvn apache-rat:check to check licence headers in the source archive.
> - Ran the build+tests from the source release archive.
> - Built the examples from the binary release archive with Maven using the
>   staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0,
>   Qpid Broker-J 6.1.4, ActiveMQ 5 master, and ActiveMQ Artemis.
> - Built the examples using javac manually and ran to verify.
> - Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build + AMQP tests with the staged bits.
>
> Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Keith Wall
+1

* verified the checksums and signatures
* ran apache:rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn verify)
* ran Joram JMS integration tests against the Java Broker (master and
6.1.4) using the staged Maven artefacts
* ran the Java Broker client/broker system test suite (master) using
the the staged Maven artefacts
* re-regression tested the SASL outcome additional-data change by
testing the staged client against a proton-c (master) server
(examples/cpp/broker), configured to use Cyrus/ SCRAM-SHA-1.

No problems encountered.

Test environment:  Java 1.8.0_131 on Mac OS X 10.12.6. Proton running
on VM containing ubuntu 3.13.0-121-generic.

On 5 August 2017 at 02:25, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non binding)
>
> I ran the activemq artemis tests, integration-tests/*/amqp and no
> regressions found. Updated both proton and qpid-jms and worked fine.
>

> I have a branch ready to push artemis upstream as soon as this is
> released.. thanks.
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 4 August 2017 at 22:42, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
>>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>>
>>> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>>>
>>> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Robbie
>>>
>>> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
>>> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
>>> staging repo:
>>>
>>>   <repositories>
>>>     <repository>
>>>       <id>staging</id>
>>>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
>>>     </repository>
>>>   </repositories>
>>>
>>> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>>>
>>>   <dependency>
>>>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>>>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>>>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>>>   </dependency>
>>

>> Adding my +1
>>
>> I checked things over as follows:
>> - Verified the signature files and checksums.
>> - Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files present+correct in src and bin archives.
>> - Did mvn apache-rat:check to check licence headers in the source archive.
>> - Ran the build+tests from the source release archive.
>> - Built the examples from the binary release archive with Maven using the
>>   staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0,
>>   Qpid Broker-J 6.1.4, ActiveMQ 5 master, and ActiveMQ Artemis.
>> - Built the examples using javac manually and ran to verify.
>> - Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build + AMQP tests with the staged bits.
>>
>> Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Timothy Bish

On 08/04/2017 05:42 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.24.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Reviewed the release archives for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x and ActiveMQ Artemis using the staged bits and ran
the AMQP tests
* Ran the binary example against ActiveMQ 5.x
* Verified license headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check'

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Jakub Scholz-2
+1. I used the staging repo and run the JMS client against different
versions of the Qpid C++ broker.

J.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Lorenz Quack
Hi Robbie,

I just started testing the Qpid JMS 0.24.0 RC.
While compiling the src bundle and running the tests I got a test failure.
In the root project folder I ran:
    mvn verify

The test in question is:
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 31.944 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest
testSendLargeMessageToClientFromOpenWire(org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest)  Time elapsed: 30.075 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.junit.runners.model.TestTimedOutException: test timed out after 30000 milliseconds
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest.testSendLargeMessageToClientFromOpenWire(JmsWSConnectionTest.java:101)

I attached the surefire reports to this email (I put you in the CC to
preserve the attachments).

Kind regards,
Lorenz

On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 22:42 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>;
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>   </dependency>

org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest.txt (914 bytes) Download Attachment
org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest-output.txt (52K) Download Attachment
TEST-org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest.xml (24K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

From the logs an issue occurred on the broker side during the test.
The client might need work to better handle such a scenario (though
might not, will look further when I'm not on vacation) but I don't see
anything suggesting a client regression here, and it seems to be rare
given you are the first to see it, so I will proceed with the release.

Robbie

On 8 August 2017 at 08:58, Lorenz Quack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robbie,
>
> I just started testing the Qpid JMS 0.24.0 RC.
> While compiling the src bundle and running the tests I got a test failure.
> In the root project folder I ran:
>     mvn verify
>
> The test in question is:
> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 31.944 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest
> testSendLargeMessageToClientFromOpenWire(org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest)  Time elapsed: 30.075 sec  <<< ERROR!
> org.junit.runners.model.TestTimedOutException: test timed out after 30000 milliseconds
>         at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsWSConnectionTest.testSendLargeMessageToClientFromOpenWire(JmsWSConnectionTest.java:101)
>
> I attached the surefire reports to this email (I put you in the CC to
> preserve the attachments).
>
> Kind regards,
> Lorenz
>

> On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 22:42 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>
>> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>>
>> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>>
>> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robbie
>>
>> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
>> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
>> staging repo:
>>
>>   <repositories>
>>     <repository>
>>       <id>staging</id>
>>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>;
>>     </repository>
>>   </repositories>
>>
>> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>>
>>   <dependency>
>>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Lorenz Quack

tests performed:
 * verify checksums and signatures
 * mvn apache-rat:check
 * build from source
 * run tests from source (mvn verify)
   1 test failure.
   -> Robbies analysis indicates no client issue
 * run tests of bin release examples
 * run HelloWorld from bin release against qpid-broker-j (master)
 * run HelloWorld from src release against qpid-broker-j (master)
   once with old sasl behaviour (additional data in separate challenge)
   once with new sasl behaviour (additional data in outcome)

+1

On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 22:42 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.24.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.24.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340587
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1112</url>;
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.24.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.24.0

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* ran qpid system tests with jms-client 0.24 against  qpid-broker-j
* built jms-client from source distribution