[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.34.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12343438

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.34.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0

Timothy Bish
On 06/25/2018 04:11 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.34.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12343438
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.34.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Built from source and ran tests
* Used 'mvn apache-rat:check' to scan files for licenses
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x using staged artifacts and ran the AMQP tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis master use staged artifacts and ran AMQP tests
* Validated performance numbers on the staged artifacts

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

On 25 June 2018 at 21:11, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.34.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12343438
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.34.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the sig and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify licence headers.
- Ran the source build and tests.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master using the staging repo, ran the [sys]tests.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master using the staging repo, ran its AMQP tests.
- Built ActiveMQ 5.x master using the staging repo and ran its AMQP tests.
- Ran HelloWorld example from binary archive against Qpid Broker-J
7.0.6 and Dispatch 1.1.0.

On 25/06/18 21:11, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1, built from source including tests and ran against qdrouterd and qpidd

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0

Justin Ross-3
+1.  Built from source and ran the tests (no failures).  Tested the maven
artifacts in some quiver benchmark runs against artemis master and dispatch
1.1.0.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:09 AM Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/06/18 21:11, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> > please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> +1, built from source including tests and ran against qdrouterd and qpidd

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* verified signatures and checksums
* verified licence headers using mvn apache-rat:check'
* built and ran tests from source distribution
* ran Qpid Broker-J integration tests using staged JMS client 0.34.0 artefacts

On 25 June 2018 at 21:11, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.34.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.34.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12343438
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1146</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.34.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0

Keith Wall
+1

* checked checksums and signatures of the source and bin distribution,
* ran apache rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn
verify with Java 1.8.0_171 on Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* ran Broker-J's JMS integration test suite (mvn clean verify
-DskipTests=true -DskipITs=false) against the staged Maven artefacts
for both the memory and bdb profiles (the latter utilises failover
extensively during HA tests).