[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.43.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.43.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.43.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345485

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.43.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.43.0

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 13:08, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.43.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.43.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345485
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.43.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the various signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to check source archive licence headers.
- Ran the source build and tests on JDK8 + JDK11.
- Built Qpid Broker-J 7.1.x using the staged bits and ran the systests.
- Built ActiveMQ 5 + Artemis master using staged bits, ran their AMQP tests.
- Built the HelloWorld example from the binary archive, ran it against
  Qpid Dispatch 1.7.0, Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3, and Qpid C++ 1.39.0 broker.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.43.0

Timothy Bish
On 6/4/19 8:08 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.43.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.43.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345485
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.43.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran all tests
* Checked for source licenses using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x master using staged files and ran the AMQP tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis master using staged files and ran the AMQP tests
* Built the example application and ran it against an Artemis build that
used the older proton-j library as well as the new one.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.43.0

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* verified checksums and signatures
* built and ran tests successfully from source bundle
* ran successfully Qpid Broker-J integration tests on master using staged
artefacts

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 13:09, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.43.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.43.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345485
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1177
> </url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.43.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.43.0

Keith Wall
+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* ran apache rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn
verify with Java 1.8.0_191 on Mac OS X 10.13.6)
* ran Broker-J's JMS integration test suite (mvn clean verify
-DskipTests=true -DskipITs=false) against the staged Maven artefacts