[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.44.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.44.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.44.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345616

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.44.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.44.0

Timothy Bish
On 6/28/19 2:01 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.44.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.44.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345616
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.44.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENSE and NOTICE files in archives
* Checked source for license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran all tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5 with staged artifacts and ran all AMQP tests.
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis with staged artifacts and ran the AMQP test suite
* Ran the example from the client against a running Artemis broker install.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.44.0

Keith Wall
On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 21:27, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/28/19 2:01 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have put together a spin for a 0.44.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> > please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* ran apache rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn
verify with Java 1.8.0_171 and 11.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.14.5)
* ran Broker-J's JMS integration test suite (mvn clean verify
-DskipTests=true -DskipITs=false) against the staged Maven artefacts

On 28/06/2019 7:01 pm, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.44.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.44.0-rc1/

+1

* verified signature and checksum
* built from source including tests
* ran example against qdrouterd and qpidd

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 19:01, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.44.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.44.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12345616
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1178</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.44.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things over like so:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to check source archive licence headers.
- Ran the source build and tests on JDK8 + JDK11.
- Built Qpid Broker-J 7.1.x using the staged bits and ran the systests.
- Built ActiveMQ 5 + Artemis master using staged bits, ran their AMQP tests.
- Built the HelloWorld example from the binary archive, ran it against
Qpid Dispatch 1.8.0 and Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.44.0

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Built client from source bundle and ran tests
* Ran successfully Qpid broker-J integration tests using staged artefacts