[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.55.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.55.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.55.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12348681

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.55.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.55.0

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 17:33, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.55.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.55.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12348681
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.55.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to check licence headers in source archive.
- Ran the source build + tests on JDK 8 and JDK 11.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master with staged client, ran the systests on JDK8 + 11.
- Built ActiveMQ 5 master with staged client, ran the AMQP tests on JDK8.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master with staged client, ran the AMQP tests
on JDK 11.
- Built the Quarkus extension for Qpid JMS using the staged client and tested.
- Ran the HelloWorld example against Qpid Dispatch 1.14.0.

On 20/11/2020 5:33 pm, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.55.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.55.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12348681

+1 (verified signature and checksum of source, built including tests,
ran example against router and c++ broker)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.55.0

Timothy Bish
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:34 PM Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.55.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.55.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12348681
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1210
> </url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.55.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked archives for License and notice files
* Checked source using Apache rat check plugin
* Built from source and ran the test suite
* Built ActiveMQ 5 and Artemis master using staged artifacts and ran AMQP
tests.
* Ran Hello World example against Artemis broker
* Tested transaction fix using external reproducer and could not reproduce
any longer.

Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.55.0

Clebert Suconic
+1 non binding