[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.56.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0

Timothy Bish
On 12/14/20 12:11 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.56.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files in archives
* Used 'mvn apache-rat:check' to verify source file license headers
* Built from source and ran all the client tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5 master using staged artifacts and ran the AMQP tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis master using staged artifacts and ran the AMQP
tests

--
Tim Bish

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 17:11, Robbie Gemmell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.56.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify licence headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests on JDK 8 and JDK 11.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master with staged client, ran the systests on JDK8.
- Built ActiveMQ 5 master with staged client, ran the AMQP tests on JDK8.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master with staged client, ran the AMQP tests
on JDK 11.
- Built the Quarkus extension for Qpid JMS using the staged client and tested.
- Ran the HelloWorld example against Qpid Dispatch master.

On 14/12/2020 17:11, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431

+1

Verifed signature and checksum, built from source, ran all automated
tests, ran example against router and c++ broker.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* verified signatures and checksums
* built and ran tests successfully from source bundle
* ran successfully Qpid Broker-J integration tests on master branch using
staged JMS client artifacts (mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false
-Pjava-bdb.1-0 -DskipTests)

wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
> </url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.56.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0

Chuck Rolke
+1

* verified checksum of src and bin bundles
* built from source
* ran automated tests

> I have put together a spin for a 0.56.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.56.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12349431
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1211</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.56.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0

Dedeepya Tunga
+1
I have verified the following- verified Sha512 signartures.- Successfully built from the source bundle.- Successfully connected to the broker and posted few messages.
Regards,Dedeepya.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 7:29 AM, Chuck Rolke<[hidden email]> wrote:   +1