[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi,
I built a candidate release for version 6.3.4 of Qpid JMS for AMQP 0-x.
The release makes legacy JMS client compatible with java 11. It also
incorporate a number of defect fixes.
Please, test and vote accordingly.

The source and binary bundles can be taken from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms-amqp-0-x/6.3.4-RC1

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1175

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345142

Regards,
Alex

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven, you can temporarily add this
to your project pom to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1175</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
    <version>6.3.4</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

My tests included the following:
* verified signatures and checksums
* built and ran tests from source distribution
* ran hello would example against Qpid broker-j built from master

On 14/05/2019 2:21 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi,
> I built a candidate release for version 6.3.4 of Qpid JMS for AMQP 0-x.
> The release makes legacy JMS client compatible with java 11. It also
> incorporate a number of defect fixes.
> Please, test and vote accordingly.

+1

- verified signature and checksum
- built from source including tests
- ran example against c++ broker

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE present in the archives.
- Ran the build and tests.
- Ran the Hello example from binary archive against a Broker-J master build
using the staged client on JDK11.
- Ran the Broker-J master build+systests using staged client on JDK11 with
"mvn clean verify -DskipTests -DskipITs=false -Dprofile=java-mms.0-10
-DenableAmqp0-x".

Robbie

On Tue, 14 May 2019, 15:21 Oleksandr Rudyy, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I built a candidate release for version 6.3.4 of Qpid JMS for AMQP 0-x.
> The release makes legacy JMS client compatible with java 11. It also
> incorporate a number of defect fixes.
> Please, test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary bundles can be taken from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms-amqp-0-x/6.3.4-RC1
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1175
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345142
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven, you can temporarily add this
> to your project pom to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1175
> </url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
>     <version>6.3.4</version>
>   </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4

Jakub Scholz-2
+1 ... used the staging repo and run the client against C++ broker.