[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7

orudyy
Hi,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.7 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.7-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1168

The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343590

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1168</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7

Oleksandr Rudyy
Casting my vote explicitly

+1

I performed the following tests:
* Verified signatures and checksums
* Successfully built and ran tests from source distribution
* Ran hello world examples using Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 0-x version 6.3.3
and Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 1.0 version 0.40.0
* Started broker and used Web Management Console to create and bind queues

On 25/02/2019 3:31 pm, Alex Rudyy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.7 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.7-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1168
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343590

I get the same errors for this release as well:

> Results :
>
> Failed tests:
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testAuthenticateViaAccessToken:224->assertSuccess:242 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testAuthenticateViaAuthorizationCode:195->assertSuccess:242 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testAuthenticateViaSasl:166->assertSuccess:242 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAccessToken:237->assertFailure:252 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAuthorizationCode:214->assertFailure:252 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
>   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testFailAuthenticateViaSasl:179->assertFailure:252 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
>   TrustManagerTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithRegularTrustStore:186 Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
>   TrustManagerTest>QpidTestCase.run:165->QpidTestCase.runTest:181->testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithTrustAndPeerStores:331 Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
> Tests in error:
>   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testRefreshCertificate » IllegalConfiguration Unabl...
>   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testValidSiteUrl » IllegalConfiguration Unable to g...

I'm running on fedora 28 (openjdk version "1.8.0_191")

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7

On 25/02/2019 3:31 pm, Alex Rudyy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.7 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.7-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1168
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343590

+1, verified signature and checksum, built from source, ran tests
(reported failures not problematic for release as detailed by Rob), ran
python examples against broker

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7

rgodfrey
+1 - built from source, ran tests (0-9-1, 0-10 mms; 1-0 bdb)
verified signatures/checksums
ad hoc testing

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 14:14, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/02/2019 3:31 pm, Alex Rudyy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.0.7 RC1.
> > Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
> >
> > The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.0.7-rc1/
> >
> > The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1168
> >
> > The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> > You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12343590
>
> +1, verified signature and checksum, built from source, ran tests
> (reported failures not problematic for release as detailed by Rob), ran
> python examples against broker

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7

Keith Wall
+1.

My testing was:

1) Verified the sha512 checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Reviewed NOTICE/LICENSE files.
4) Ran apache RAT
5) Built from source bundle and ran test profiles: mms//bdb/dby with
AMQP1.0 and bdb with 0.10/0-9
6) Spun up a Broker from the binary distribution