[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi folks,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.1 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.1-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167

The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12344881

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

Oleksandr Rudyy
Casting my vote explicitly

+1

I performed the following tests:
* Verified signatures and checksums
* Successfully built and ran tests from source distribution
* Ran hello world examples using Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 0-x version 6.3.3
and Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 1.0 version 0.40.0
* Started broker and used Web Management Console to create and bind queues

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 13:22, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.1 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12344881
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into
> to your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
> </url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

RE: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

VERMEULEN Olivier
+1

Launched the Murex test suite with
QPID Broker-J 7.1.1
QPID Dispatch-Router 1.5.0
QPID JMS 0.39.0

Olivier

* Successfully built and ran tests from source distribution
* Ran hello world examples using Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 0-x version 6.3.3 and Qpid JMS Client for AMQP 1.0 version 0.40.0
* Started broker and used Web Management Console to create and bind queues

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 13:22, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.1 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310
> 520&version=12344881
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add
> into to your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
> </url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

> additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

*******************************
This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

On 25/02/2019 1:22 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.1 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12344881

I'm seeing errors when trying to run `mvn clean install`:

> [INFO] Results:
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] Failures:
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaAccessToken:236->assertSuccess:255 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaAuthorizationCode:205->assertSuccess:255 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaSasl:174->assertSuccess:255 Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAccessToken:250->assertFailure:268 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAuthorizationCode:225->assertFailure:268 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
> [ERROR]   OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaSasl:188->assertFailure:268 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints
> [ERROR]   TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithRegularTrustStore:193 Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
> [ERROR]   TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithTrustAndPeerStores:340 Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
> [ERROR] Errors:
> [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testRefreshCertificate » IllegalConfiguration Unabl...
> [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testValidSiteUrl » IllegalConfiguration Unable to g...
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] Tests run: 1324, Failures: 8, Errors: 2, Skipped: 7

Not sure if this is some environmental issue on my side? or missing setup?

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

rgodfrey
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 11:04, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> algorithm constraints
> > [ERROR]
>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithRegularTrustStore:193
> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
> > [ERROR]
>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithTrustAndPeerStores:340
> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
> > [ERROR] Errors:
> > [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testRefreshCertificate »
> IllegalConfiguration Unabl...
> > [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testValidSiteUrl »
> IllegalConfiguration Unable to g...
> > [INFO]
> > [ERROR] Tests run: 1324, Failures: 8, Errors: 2, Skipped: 7
>
> Not sure if this is some environmental issue on my side? or missing setup?

I see the same errors when running on Fedora 29, however the tests run fine
on my Mac (OS X 10.14)

-- Rob

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

rgodfrey
So, I think this is an OpenJDK vs. Oracle JDK problem.  Running install
7.1.0 on OpenJDK (8u201) also fails on my Fedora machine.  Switching to the
Oracle JDK and it installs fine.

-- Rob

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 11:46, Rob Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> algorithm constraints
>> > [ERROR]
>>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithRegularTrustStore:193
>> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
>> > [ERROR]
>>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithTrustAndPeerStores:340
>> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager failed.
>> > [ERROR] Errors:
>> > [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testRefreshCertificate »
>> IllegalConfiguration Unabl...
>> > [ERROR]   SiteSpecificTrustStoreTest.testValidSiteUrl »
>> IllegalConfiguration Unable to g...
>> > [INFO]
>> > [ERROR] Tests run: 1324, Failures: 8, Errors: 2, Skipped: 7
>>
>> Not sure if this is some environmental issue on my side? or missing setup?
>>

> I see the same errors when running on Fedora 29, however the tests run

Hm...

The build passes for me on Fedora 27 with OpenJDK 1.8.0_191.
It seems that some TLS related algorithms have been disabled in OpenJDK
8u201.
This version of JDK is not available on Fedora 27. I need to upgrade my OS
or find another version of JDK failing with the same symptoms.
I expect that building and running tests for earlier versions of broker-j
bundle would fail with the same error when OpenJDK 8u201 is used.

I will look into fixing this issue tonight.

Kind Regards,
Alex

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 11:16, Rob Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, I think this is an OpenJDK vs. Oracle JDK problem.  Running install
> 7.1.0 on OpenJDK (8u201) also fails on my Fedora machine.  Switching to the
> Oracle JDK and it installs fine.
>
> -- Rob
>
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 11:46, Rob Godfrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12344881
> >>
> >> I'm seeing errors when trying to run `mvn clean install`:

> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaAccessToken:236->assertSuccess:255
> >> Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> >>
> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaAuthorizationCode:205->assertSuccess:255
> >> Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> >>
> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testAuthenticateViaSasl:174->assertSuccess:255
> >> Authentication was not successful: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<ERROR>
> >>
> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAccessToken:250->assertFailure:268
> >> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints
> >>
> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaInvalidAuthorizationCode:225->assertFailure:268
> >> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints
> >>
> OAuth2AuthenticationProviderImplTest.testFailAuthenticateViaSasl:188->assertFailure:268
> >> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> >> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates do not conform to
> >> algorithm constraints
> >>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithRegularTrustStore:193
> >> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager
> failed.
> >>  TrustManagerTest.testQpidMultipleTrustManagerWithTrustAndPeerStores:340
> >> Trusted client's validation against the broker's multi store manager
> failed.
> >> IllegalConfiguration Unabl...
> >> IllegalConfiguration Unable to g...
> >>
> >> Not sure if this is some environmental issue on my side? or missing
> setup?
> >>

> > I see the same errors when running on Fedora 29, however the tests run
> > fine on my Mac (OS X 10.14)
> >
> > -- Rob

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

rgodfrey
Agreed - I don't think this is a blocker for this release... the "issue",
such as it is, is an insecure self signed certificate in the test code...
which obviously is of no importance.

-- Rob

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 13:40, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > failed.

> > setup?
> > >>

> > > I see the same errors when running on Fedora 29, however the tests run
> > > fine on my Mac (OS X 10.14)
> > >
> > > -- Rob

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

On 25/02/2019 1:22 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.1 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.1-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1167
>
> The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:

+1, verified signature and checksum, built from source, ran tests
(reported failures not problematic for release as detailed by Rob), ran
python examples against broker

On 26/02/2019 12:40 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> I expect that building and running tests for earlier versions of broker-j
> bundle would fail with the same error when OpenJDK 8u201 is used.

This seems to be correct. I tried to run tests for 7.1.0 and got the
same errors though these had all passed when I tested that release (I
was on fedora 27 at that time).

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

rgodfrey
+1 - built from source, ran tests (0-9-1, 0-10 mms; 1-0 bdb)
verified signatures/checksums
ad hoc testing

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 14:24, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26/02/2019 12:40 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> > I expect that building and running tests for earlier versions of broker-j
> > bundle would fail with the same error when OpenJDK 8u201 is used.
>
> This seems to be correct. I tried to run tests for 7.1.0 and got the
> same errors though these had all passed when I tested that release (I
> was on fedora 27 at that time).

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.1

Keith Wall
+1.

My testing was:

1) Verified the sha512 checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Reviewed NOTICE/LICENSE files.
4) Ran apache RAT
5) Built from source bundle and ran test profiles: mms//bdb/dby with
AMQP1.0 and bdb with 0.10/0-9
6) Spun up a Broker from the binary distribution