[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.11

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi all,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.11 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.11-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213

The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12349512

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.11

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

* verified signatures and checksums
* built and ran tests from source bundle
* started broker
* used web management console to create and bind queue
* ran HelloWorld examples with JMS clients for AMQP 0-x and AMQP 1.0

On 06/01/2021 00:48, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.11 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.11-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213
>
> The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12349512

+1

Verified signature and checksum, compiled and ran all tests, ran python
examples and ran qpid::messaging c++ send/receive for both 1.0 and 0-10.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.11

Dedeepya Tunga
 +1
I have verified the below:
Successfully ran the build from sources.Verified the sha512 signature for binaries.Started the broker from binaries and created queue via web console.Ran hello world using legacy JMS client and able to post few messages.Verified the rest API.Regards,Dedeepya
    On Thursday, 7 January, 2021, 03:44:30 pm IST, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

 On 06/01/2021 00:48, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.11 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.11-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213
>
> The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12349512

+1

Verified signature and checksum, compiled and ran all tests, ran python
examples and ran qpid::messaging c++ send/receive for both 1.0 and 0-10.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.11

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 at 00:48, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.11 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.11-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213
>
> The new version brings a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12349512
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
> your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1213</url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

+1

I checked things over as so:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files present in the archives.
- Ran the build+tests with "mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false" on JDK 8.
- Started broker from the binary archive and created a queue using the
  web management console on JDK 8.
- Ran Qpid JMS 0.56.0 HelloWorld example against the broker on JDK 8.
- Verified the Java 11 Travis CI runs passed.