[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3

Oleksandr Rudyy
Hi,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.3 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.3-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1174

The new version incorporates a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345357

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1174</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

My tests included the following:
* verified checksums and signatures
* built and ran tests from source bundle
* used web management console to create a queue
* ran "hello world" examples with legacy and new JMS clients

On 08/05/2019 11:24 pm, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.3 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.3-rc1/

+1

* verified signature and checksum
* built from source including tests
* ran proton python examples and selected qpid::messaging (0-10 and 1.0)
   examples against it

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3

On Wed, 8 May 2019 at 23:24, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.3 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.3-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1174
>
> The new version incorporates a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345357
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
> your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1174</url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

+1

I checked things outas follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE present in the archives.
- Ran the build+tests with "mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false".
- Started broker from binary archive, used the web console to create a queue.
- Ran the Qpid JMS 0.42.0 RC1 HelloWorld example against the broker.

RE: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3

VERMEULEN Olivier
+1

Ran the Murex test suite and all is green.

Olivier

[...]

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.3

Keith Wall
+1

My testing was:

1) Verified the sha512 checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Reviewed NOTICE/LICENSE files.
4) Ran apache RAT
5) Built from source bundle and ran test profile 'mms'/AMQP1.0 and
integration test suite.
6) Spun up a Broker from the binary distribution