[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.4

orudyy
Hi folks,

I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.4 RC1.
Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.4-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179

The new version incorporates a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345532

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your project pom the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.4

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

My tests included the following
* verified checksums and signatures
* built and ran tests from source bundle
* started broker and used web management console to create bind queue
* used hello world application to publish and consume messages

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 13:53, Alex Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.4 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.4-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179
>
> The new version incorporates a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345532
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into
> to your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179
> </url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.4

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 13:53, Alex Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.4 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.4-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179
>
> The new version incorporates a number of improvements and bug fixes.
> You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345532
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
> your project pom the staging repo as below:
>
> <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1179</url>
>     </repository>
> </repositories>

+1

I checked things over like so:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Ran "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archives.
- Ran the build + tests with "mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false" on JDK 11.
- Started a broker using the binary archive, created queue with the console.
- Ran the Qpid JMS 0.44.0 HelloWorld example against the broker.

On 03/07/2019 1:53 pm, Alex Rudyy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.4 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.4-rc1/

+1

* verified signature and checksum
* build from source including tests
* ran some qpid::messaging c++ examples (0-10 and 1.0)
* ran all relevant python proton examples against it

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.4

rgodfrey
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 14:53, Alex Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I built release artefacts for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.4 RC1.
> Please, give them a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.4-rc1/

+1 Built and ran tests / integration tests (JDK 8 on Mac)
Started the broker and kicked the tyres of the web console

-- Rob