[VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

Keith Wall
Hi all,

A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
Components has been created.

The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7

Please test and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107

Kind regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

Keith Wall
Making my +1 explicit.

My testing was:

1) Ran apache rat
2) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
3) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
4) Built/ran test profiles mms for 0-9 and 0-10 from source bundle
5) Ran hello world against staged maven artefacts against broker from
binary distribution artefact

On 25 May 2017 at 17:39, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

I performed the following tests:

1) Build broker and client from source distribution
2) Run 'hello world' example against broker built from source distribution
3) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
4) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
5) Run amqp-0-x jms client 'hello world' example against broker from binary
distribution
6) Run amqp-1-0 jms client 'hello world' example against broker from binary
distribution

Kind Regards,
Alex

On 25 May 2017 at 18:44, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Making my +1 explicit.
>
> My testing was:
>
> 1) Ran apache rat
> 2) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
> 3) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
> 4) Built/ran test profiles mms for 0-9 and 0-10 from source bundle
> 5) Ran hello world against staged maven artefacts against broker from
> binary distribution artefact
>
> On 25 May 2017 at 17:39, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> > Components has been created.
> >
> > The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

> 3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7
> >
> > Please test and vote accordingly.
> >
> > The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1
> >
> > Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> > or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> > the staging repo:
> >
> >   <repositories>
> >     <repository>
> >       <id>staging</id>
> >       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>
> >     </repository>
> >   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

rgodfrey
+1 : built from source, ran unit/system tests, ad hoc testing of management
UI and AMQP messaging

On 29 May 2017 at 12:52, Oleksandr Rudyy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> I performed the following tests:
>
> 1) Build broker and client from source distribution
> 2) Run 'hello world' example against broker built from source distribution
> 3) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
> 4) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
> 5) Run amqp-0-x jms client 'hello world' example against broker from binary
> distribution
> 6) Run amqp-1-0 jms client 'hello world' example against broker from binary
> distribution
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex
>
> On 25 May 2017 at 18:44, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Making my +1 explicit.
> >
> > My testing was:
> >
> > 1) Ran apache rat
> > 2) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
> > 3) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
> > 4) Built/ran test profiles mms for 0-9 and 0-10 from source bundle
> > 5) Ran hello world against staged maven artefacts against broker from
> > binary distribution artefact
> >
> > On 25 May 2017 at 17:39, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> > > Components has been created.
> > >
> > > The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

> > 3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7
> > >
> > > Please test and vote accordingly.
> > >
> > > The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1
> > >
> > > Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > >
> > > P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> > > or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access
> > > the staging repo:
> > >
> > >   <repositories>
> > >     <repository>
> > >       <id>staging</id>
> > >       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> > repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>
> > >     </repository>
> > >   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

Lorenz Quack
+1

* checked checksums
* compiled & ran the Spout and Drain examples against the binary broker

On Thu, 2017-05-25 at 17:39 +0100, Keith W wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>;
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.0.7 (RC1)

On 25 May 2017 at 17:39, Keith W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.0.7
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.0.7-rc1
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1107</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

FWIW, since I was late in geting to this and narrowly missed the vote..

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified all the signatures and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files present in each archive.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify the headers in source release.
- Started the broker from the tar.gz binary, used the web management console
  to create a queue for use with examples.
- Ran the Qpid JMS master HelloWorld example against the running broker.