[VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

Lorenz Quack
Hi all,

A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
Components has been created.

The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.3

Please test and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.3-rc1/

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108/

Kind regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

rgodfrey
The title and links say 6.1.3 but the body of the e-mail says 6.0.7 ... You
might want to resend and make clear :-)

-- Rob

On 26 May 2017 1:44 pm, "Lorenz Quack" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

As Rob pointed out my previous mail contained an error.
This email thread is (as the subject suggests) a voting thread for
the release candidate for the 6.1.3 release and not for 6.0.7 as
my previous email erroneously stated.
Currently, there is also a voting thread started by Keith for
6.0.7 RC1 going on but it is separate from this vote.
The corrected voting announcement is as follows:

A release candidate for the next release (6.1.3) of the Qpid Java

On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 13:49 +0100, Rob Godfrey wrote:

> The title and links say 6.1.3 but the body of the e-mail says 6.0.7 ... You
> might want to resend and make clear :-)
>
> -- Rob
>
> On 26 May 2017 1:44 pm, "Lorenz Quack" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

> 3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.3
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.3-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108/
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-
> 1108</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

Oleksandr Rudyy
+1

I performed the following tests:

1) Build broker and client from source distribution
2) Run 'hello world' example against broker built from source distribution
3) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
4) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
5) Run 'hello world' example against broker binary distribution

Please, note, there is a redundant sha1 signature
qpid-java-6.1.3.tar.gz.sha1 for source distribution.

Kind Regards,
Alex

On 26 May 2017 at 16:39, Lorenz Quack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As Rob pointed out my previous mail contained an error.
> This email thread is (as the subject suggests) a voting thread for
> the release candidate for the 6.1.3 release and not for 6.0.7 as
> my previous email erroneously stated.
> Currently, there is also a voting thread started by Keith for
> 6.0.7 RC1 going on but it is separate from this vote.
> The corrected voting announcement is as follows:
>

> A release candidate for the next release (6.1.3) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

> 3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.3
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.3-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108/
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>

> On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 13:49 +0100, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> > The title and links say 6.1.3 but the body of the e-mail says 6.0.7 ...
> You
> > might want to resend and make clear :-)
> >
> > -- Rob
> >
> > On 26 May 2017 1:44 pm, "Lorenz Quack" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> > Components has been created.
> >
> > The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

> > 3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.3
> >
> > Please test and vote accordingly.
> >
> > The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.3-rc1/
> >
> > Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108/
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> > or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> > the staging repo:
> >
> >   <repositories>
> >     <repository>
> >       <id>staging</id>
> >       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> repositories/orgapacheqpid-
> > 1108</url>
> >     </repository>
> >   </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

Keith Wall
+1.

My testing was:

1) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Ran apache RAT
4) Built/ran test profile mms 0-10 from source bundle
5) Ran hello world against staged maven client artefacts against
broker from binary distribution artefact
6) Ran Joram test suite against the broker from binary distribution
artefact using the Qpid JMS Client 0.22.0.
7) Generally kicked the tyres within the Web Management Console.

No problems encountered.

On 26/05/17 13:43, Lorenz Quack wrote:
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
[...]
> Please test and vote accordingly.

+1 (built from source, ran proton python and c++ qpid::messaging
examples against it, ran some of my javascript examples against it).

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

rgodfrey
+1 : built from source, ran unit/system tests, ad hoc testing of management
UI and AMQP messaging

On 30 May 2017 at 10:03, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26/05/17 13:43, Lorenz Quack wrote:
>
>> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
>> Components has been created.
>>
> [...]
>
>> Please test and vote accordingly.
>>

> +1 (built from source, ran proton python and c++ qpid::messaging examples
> against it, ran some of my javascript examples against it).

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.3 (RC1)

Lorenz Quack
making my +1 explicit

On 26 May 2017 at 13:43, Lorenz Quack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A release candidate for the next release (6.0.7) of the Qpid Java
> Components has been created.
>
> The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.3
>
> Please test and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.3-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108/
>
> Kind regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1108</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

FWIW, since I was late in geting to this and narrowly missed the vote..

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified all the signatures and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files present in each archive.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify the headers in source release.
- Started the broker from the tar.gz binary, used the web management console
  to create a queue for use with examples.
- Ran the Qpid JMS master HelloWorld example against the running broker.