Quantcast

looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Mark Webb
I am working on getting Apache Camel 2.10.0 working with RabbitMQ.
Has anyone gotten this to work, and could you please post your Camel
context route.  I am running into problems getting a message to pass
from Camel -> RabbitMQ -> Camel.  Here's the error I am currently
running in to:

Thread-6] AMQConnection                  INFO  Closing AMQConnection
due to :org.apache.qpid.AMQChannelClosedException: Error:
PRECONDITION_FAILED - cannot redeclare exchange 'amq.direct' in vhost
'/test' with different type, durable, internal or autodelete value
[error code 406: In use]

I have a vhost defined ("/test") in RabbitMQ and from what I can tell
this error message states that I am trying to change the attributes of
an existing exchange but I'm not, I don't even see where I can do this
or how I would do this.

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Gordon Sim
On 09/24/2012 02:30 AM, Mark Webb wrote:

> I am working on getting Apache Camel 2.10.0 working with RabbitMQ.
> Has anyone gotten this to work, and could you please post your Camel
> context route.  I am running into problems getting a message to pass
> from Camel -> RabbitMQ -> Camel.  Here's the error I am currently
> running in to:
>
> Thread-6] AMQConnection                  INFO  Closing AMQConnection
> due to :org.apache.qpid.AMQChannelClosedException: Error:
> PRECONDITION_FAILED - cannot redeclare exchange 'amq.direct' in vhost
> '/test' with different type, durable, internal or autodelete value
> [error code 406: In use]
>
> I have a vhost defined ("/test") in RabbitMQ and from what I can tell
> this error message states that I am trying to change the attributes of
> an existing exchange but I'm not, I don't even see where I can do this
> or how I would do this.

Unfortunately that is a defect that has come several times in the
past[1]. The good news is that it has at last been fixed on trunk
(though not yet in any released version). See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4250 for details of the change.

[1] Most recently in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-7581160.post@...%3E
where some of the responses[2][3], may be of interest.

[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@...%3E

[3]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@...%3E

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

I'm not sure QPID-4250 is really the answer here. The exception message
implies that a non-passive exchange declare was sent for amq.direct, but I
believe changes were made for previously in order to prevent that and stop
issues specifically like this. QPID-4250 simply fixes choosing to disable
all the implicit exchange declares, which will certainly help here in its
own way, but isnt necessarily the answer.

Can I ask what versions of the qpid client and rabbitmq broker are actually
in use here?

Robbie

On 24 September 2012 09:26, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09/24/2012 02:30 AM, Mark Webb wrote:
>
>> I am working on getting Apache Camel 2.10.0 working with RabbitMQ.
>> Has anyone gotten this to work, and could you please post your Camel
>> context route.  I am running into problems getting a message to pass
>> from Camel -> RabbitMQ -> Camel.  Here's the error I am currently
>> running in to:
>>
>> Thread-6] AMQConnection                  INFO  Closing AMQConnection
>> due to :org.apache.qpid.**AMQChannelClosedException: Error:
>> PRECONDITION_FAILED - cannot redeclare exchange 'amq.direct' in vhost
>> '/test' with different type, durable, internal or autodelete value
>> [error code 406: In use]
>>
>> I have a vhost defined ("/test") in RabbitMQ and from what I can tell
>> this error message states that I am trying to change the attributes of
>> an existing exchange but I'm not, I don't even see where I can do this
>> or how I would do this.
>>

> Unfortunately that is a defect that has come several times in the past[1].
> The good news is that it has at last been fixed on trunk (though not yet in
> any released version). See https://issues.apache.org/**
> jira/browse/QPID-4250 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4250>for details of the change.
>

> [1] Most recently in http://mail-archives.apache.**
> org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-**
> [hidden email]%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-7581160.post@...%3E>where some of the responses[2][3], may be of interest.
>
> [2] <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*">http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
> *3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_**2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@mail.**
> gmail.com%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@...%3E>
>
> [3] <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*">http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
> *3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_**OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@**
> mail.gmail.com%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@...%3E>

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Mark Webb
I am using :

Camel 2.10.0
RabbitMQ 2.8.6
Qpid 0.18
OS X 10.7.5
Maven 3.0.3
Java 1.7.0_04-ea

I have gotten an example working with the following connection
factory.  Is think its less than optimal since I have to declare the
exchange in the connection factory and cannot send messages to
different endpoints from Camel.

    <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
class="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory" >
        <constructor-arg
            index="0" type="java.lang.String"
value="amqp://guest:guest@/myvhost?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'&amp;defaultTopicExchange=MyExchange"
/>
    </bean>

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Robbie Gemmell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure QPID-4250 is really the answer here. The exception message
> implies that a non-passive exchange declare was sent for amq.direct, but I
> believe changes were made for previously in order to prevent that and stop
> issues specifically like this. QPID-4250 simply fixes choosing to disable
> all the implicit exchange declares, which will certainly help here in its
> own way, but isnt necessarily the answer.
>
> Can I ask what versions of the qpid client and rabbitmq broker are actually
> in use here?
>
> Robbie
>
> On 24 September 2012 09:26, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 09/24/2012 02:30 AM, Mark Webb wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on getting Apache Camel 2.10.0 working with RabbitMQ.
>>> Has anyone gotten this to work, and could you please post your Camel
>>> context route.  I am running into problems getting a message to pass
>>> from Camel -> RabbitMQ -> Camel.  Here's the error I am currently
>>> running in to:
>>>
>>> Thread-6] AMQConnection                  INFO  Closing AMQConnection
>>> due to :org.apache.qpid.**AMQChannelClosedException: Error:
>>> PRECONDITION_FAILED - cannot redeclare exchange 'amq.direct' in vhost
>>> '/test' with different type, durable, internal or autodelete value
>>> [error code 406: In use]
>>>
>>> I have a vhost defined ("/test") in RabbitMQ and from what I can tell
>>> this error message states that I am trying to change the attributes of
>>> an existing exchange but I'm not, I don't even see where I can do this
>>> or how I would do this.
>>>

>> Unfortunately that is a defect that has come several times in the past[1].
>> The good news is that it has at last been fixed on trunk (though not yet in
>> any released version). See https://issues.apache.org/**
>> jira/browse/QPID-4250 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4250>for details of the change.
>>

>> [1] Most recently in http://mail-archives.apache.**
>> org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-**
>> [hidden email]%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-7581160.post@...%3E>where some of the responses[2][3], may be of interest.
>>
>> [2] <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*">http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
>> *3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_**2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@mail.**
>> gmail.com%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@...%3E>
>>
>> [3] <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*">http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
>> *3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_**OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@**
>> mail.gmail.com%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@...%3E>

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Can you post a small example of what it was you were trying to do earlier
that didnt work?

I haven't used Camel before so if you have a small contained example I can
use it would help me look into it further when I get some time.

Robbie

On 24 September 2012 12:56, Mark Webb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using :
>
> Camel 2.10.0
> RabbitMQ 2.8.6
> Qpid 0.18
> OS X 10.7.5
> Maven 3.0.3
> Java 1.7.0_04-ea
>
> I have gotten an example working with the following connection
> factory.  Is think its less than optimal since I have to declare the
> exchange in the connection factory and cannot send messages to
> different endpoints from Camel.
>
>     <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
> class="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory" >
>         <constructor-arg
>             index="0" type="java.lang.String"
> value="amqp://guest:guest@
> /myvhost?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'&amp;defaultTopicExchange=MyExchange"
> />
>     </bean>
>

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Robbie Gemmell
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm not sure QPID-4250 is really the answer here. The exception message
> > implies that a non-passive exchange declare was sent for amq.direct, but
> > believe changes were made for previously in order to prevent that and
> stop
> > issues specifically like this. QPID-4250 simply fixes choosing to disable
> > all the implicit exchange declares, which will certainly help here in its
> > own way, but isnt necessarily the answer.
> >
> > Can I ask what versions of the qpid client and rabbitmq broker are
> actually
> > in use here?
> >
> > Robbie

> >> Unfortunately that is a defect that has come several times in the
> past[1].
> >> The good news is that it has at last been fixed on trunk (though not
> yet in
> >> any released version). See https://issues.apache.org/**
> >> jira/browse/QPID-4250 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4250>for
> details of the change.
> >>

> >> [1] Most recently in http://mail-archives.apache.**
> >> org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-**
> >> [hidden email]%3E<
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-7581160.post@...%3E>where
> some of the responses[2][3], may be of interest.
> >>
> >> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.
> **org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
> >> *3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_**2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@mail.**
> >> gmail.com%3E<
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@...%3E
> >

> >> [3] http://mail-archives.apache.
> **org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
> >> *3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_**OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@**
> >> mail.gmail.com%3E<
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@...%3E

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Mark Webb
I was trying to send a message from one camel route to another through
RabbitMQ using Qpid.  So this simple layout:

Camel -> (Qpid) -> RabbitMQ -> (Qpid) -> Camel

Here's the Camel route definitions:

        <camel:route>
                <camel:from uri="file:source" />
            <camel:to uri="jms:topic:amq.topic" />
        </camel:route>

        <camel:route>
            <camel:from uri="jms:topic:amq.topic" />
            <camel:to uri="file:destination" />
        </camel:route>

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Robbie Gemmell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you post a small example of what it was you were trying to do earlier
> that didnt work?
>
> I haven't used Camel before so if you have a small contained example I can
> use it would help me look into it further when I get some time.
>
> Robbie
>
> On 24 September 2012 12:56, Mark Webb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am using :
>>
>> Camel 2.10.0
>> RabbitMQ 2.8.6
>> Qpid 0.18
>> OS X 10.7.5
>> Maven 3.0.3
>> Java 1.7.0_04-ea
>>
>> I have gotten an example working with the following connection
>> factory.  Is think its less than optimal since I have to declare the
>> exchange in the connection factory and cannot send messages to
>> different endpoints from Camel.
>>
>>     <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
>> class="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory" >
>>         <constructor-arg
>>             index="0" type="java.lang.String"
>> value="amqp://guest:guest@
>> /myvhost?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'&amp;defaultTopicExchange=MyExchange"
>> />
>>     </bean>
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Robbie Gemmell
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'm not sure QPID-4250 is really the answer here. The exception message
>> > implies that a non-passive exchange declare was sent for amq.direct, but
>> > believe changes were made for previously in order to prevent that and
>> stop
>> > issues specifically like this. QPID-4250 simply fixes choosing to disable
>> > all the implicit exchange declares, which will certainly help here in its
>> > own way, but isnt necessarily the answer.
>> >
>> > Can I ask what versions of the qpid client and rabbitmq broker are
>> actually
>> > in use here?
>> >
>> > Robbie

>> past[1].
>> yet in
>> details of the change.

>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3C1345564311401-7581160.post@...%3E>where
>> some of the responses[2][3], may be of interest.

>> **org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRwyT0N1pcKLDNiQyrHoj_2XiXzbhpwO1cRgZjOmyG3Dg@...%3E

>> **org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/**201208.mbox/%*
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201208.mbox/%3CCAFitrpRtdDn5s5nNb+T-_OCYxC39WeN-h9C5OMLDjr7eNf4=bg@...%3E

Re: looking for apache Camel / RabbitMQ example

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid even saying that is going past my familiarity with Camel at this
point, what I was really meaning was the full configuration files and any
code needed to minimally reproduce what you are trying to do so that I can
at least be sure I'm trying the same thing.

The below does look a bit odd though since you are specifying an exchange
name as the topic (though I guess that might just 'create a topic', i.e
publish using and bind with a particular routing key, called amq.topic on
the default topic exchange, also amq.topic), and
http://camel.apache.org/amqp.html suggests that you need amqp: rather than
jms: at the start, although your original exceptions suggests it did do
something with it anyway.

What I think might be a good idea is if you try to get a minimal example of
what you want to do working against the Qpid Java broker using AMQP 0-9-1
(what the RabbitMQ broker supports) and if that goes ok we can then use
that example to identify any issues preventing it working against the
RabbitMQ broker.

You can restrict the client to using AMQP 0-9-1 (it normally attempts 0-10
first and would only fall back to 0-9-1 if the broker responded suggesting
0-9-1 because 0-10 wasnt supported) against the Java broker by specifying a
system property -Dqpid.amqp.version=0-9-1 and you will also want to specify
-Dqpid.dest_syntax=BURL to make the client use the older BindingURL
destination syntax as the 0-9-1 client path doesnt support the newer syntax
the 0-10 client path does which is now the default.

Robbie