qpid-cpp and x-max-length parameter

Jose Alberto Fernandez Parejo
Hello everyone,

We are using rabbitmq broker and qpid-cpp-1.39.0 API to send/receive
messages to/from broker with AMQP1.0

Our rabbitmq broker provider has several queues with 1 message maximum
queue size.

We are only setting the parameter {link:{durable:true}} when create the
receiver.

And the following error is returned from the broker:

Session ended by peer with amqp:precondition-failed: PRECONDITION_FAILED
- inequivalent arg 'x-max-length' for queue 'queue_name ' : received
none but current is the value '1' of type 'long'

Is there any way to set the x-max-length parameters or other equivalent
parameter to set the maximun number of messages in the queue?

Note that we are using AMQP1.0.

Thanks in adavance
Regards

________________________________

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s) confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.

Re: qpid-cpp and x-max-length parameter

Gordon Sim
On 13/05/2019 7:35 am, Jose Alberto Fernandez Parejo wrote:
> We are using rabbitmq broker and qpid-cpp-1.39.0 API to send/receive
> messages to/from broker with AMQP1.0
>
> Our rabbitmq broker provider has several queues with 1 message maximum
> queue size.
>
> We are only setting the parameter {link:{durable:true}} when create the
> receiver.

(If it is a queue, you probably don't want/need that. It does not affect
the durability of the queue.)

> And the following error is returned from the broker:
>
> Session ended by peer with amqp:precondition-failed: PRECONDITION_FAILED
> - inequivalent arg 'x-max-length' for queue 'queue_name ' : received
> none but current is the value '1' of type 'long'
>
> Is there any way to set the x-max-length parameters or other equivalent
> parameter to set the maximun number of messages in the queue?
>
> Note that we are using AMQP1.0.

There is no standard mechanism to send arbitrary configuration
parameters in the attaching of a link over AMQP 1.0, similar to the old
pre1.0 queue-declare.

You can request certain (extensible) 'capabilities', but these are
strings (well, symbols strictly) rather than key-value pairs.

It sounds like this is an issue with the rabbitmq AMQP 1.0 adapter for
such queues. Have you asked about it on the rabbitmq list? It may be
there is some way to configure things. Or they may be able to tel you of
what you need to include in the AMQP 1.0 attach request (in which case
we can determine the configuration needed to issue that with the
qpid-cpp client).

Re: qpid-cpp and x-max-length parameter

Jose Alberto Fernandez Parejo
Thanks for the response.

What we have done it's to set a  policy in rabbitmq to set maximum
number of messages to 1. And now qpid-cpp connects properly and only one
message is keep in the queue.

Regards