tradedemo

Bruno Matos-2
Hello,

In the trade demo example, there are a couple of things that I would
like to question you about. If we follow that strategy and have a
queue for every symbol, would give a lot o queues in the brokers.

1. How would qpid handle that?
2. I have read somewhere that the broker could handle about 500,000
queues, there are any benchmarks about this?

Now imagine that we follow that approach without problems about the
number of queues and have LVQs.

3. Once a client subscribe NASDAQ.*. How would he receive a snapshot
of the actual state without having to wait to arrive a new message for
every LVQ, once he cannot know all symbol to browse all queues
individually (what would not be a great approach anyway, I think...)?

Thank you a lot!

--
Bruno Matos
[hidden email]

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: tradedemo

Inoshiro Linden
I cannot answer this question, but wanted to point out my company has
done some benchmarking on queue limits:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Message_Queue_Evaluation_Notes#Apache_QPID.2FRed_Hat_MRG

Regards,
Inoshiro Linden

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Bruno Matos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the trade demo example, there are a couple of things that I would like to
> question you about. If we follow that strategy and have a queue for every
> symbol, would give a lot o queues in the brokers.
>
> 1. How would qpid handle that?
> 2. I have read somewhere that the broker could handle about 500,000 queues,
> there are any benchmarks about this?
>
> Now imagine that we follow that approach without problems about the number
> of queues and have LVQs.
>
> 3. Once a client subscribe NASDAQ.*. How would he receive a snapshot of the
> actual state without having to wait to arrive a new message for every LVQ,
> once he cannot know all symbol to browse all queues individually (what would
> not be a great approach anyway, I think...)?
>
> Thank you a lot!
>
> --
> Bruno Matos

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: tradedemo

Bruno Matos-2

On 2010/02/16, at 21:33, Inoshiro Linden wrote:

> I cannot answer this question, but wanted to point out my company has
> done some benchmarking on queue limits:
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Message_Queue_Evaluation_Notes#Apache_QPID.2FRed_Hat_MRG

Thank you for your reply Inoshiro! That was the site where I saw the
500,000 queues.